After installing WordPress there are several themes by default like twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two, twenty twenty seven. You may have purchased and installed a premium theme. Or you may have a theme installed from the WordPress theme directory. If you purchased and installed themes from Themeforest or any other place, for security reasons you are asked to keep only one default theme of WordPress except the installed theme. That is, you should delete all inactive themes except your active theme and its child, and a default WordPress theme. So, if you want to know how to delete theme in WordPress, then this article is for you.
We are going to show you the two easiest ways to delete WordPress themes here.
Table of Contents:
- Video: How to delete theme on wordpress?
- How to delete a WordPress theme.
- How to delete theme from cpanel.
1. Video: How to delete theme on WordPress?
2. How to delete a WordPress theme?
1. At first, you need to log in to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Then go to Appearance>Themes.
3. Then you will see all your themes like the picture below. Place your mouse cursor in the theme you want to delete. You will see the Theme Details button like the image below. Click on the button there.
4. Click the Delete button at the bottom right. Then click the OK button. Your theme has been deleted. Below image may help you.
3. How to uninstall and delete theme from cpanel?
1. In this process, you need to log in to your Cpanel. Scroll down and click File Manager. Next, you’ll see folders with your previously created domain name here.
2. Open the folder for the domain whose theme you want to delete.
3. Open Wp-content>Themes.
4. You will see all themes that are installed on your wordpress site here.
5. Rename the name of the theme which you want to uninstall.
6. Select the theme you want to delete with a single click of your mouse. Click Delete above. Then click Confirm. If you do not want to trash, check the box. Your theme is deleted. Return to the WordPress dashboard. Refresh the browser tab.
We have shown with the images above how to delete or uninstall the theme. Hope you understand correctly.
If you have any further questions or if the article has been helpful to you, please let us know in the comments.
Share this post via: